The Triceps Exercises with dumbbells at home that I will tell you are good to stay in shape both physically and mentally. The triceps on the human body are the large muscle on the back of the upper limb. The reason for the name of triceps is because it has three muscles. They are known as the long head, medial, and lateral head. This article will list and explain how to build triceps at home with dumbbells.
The 7 Best Triceps Exercises with dumbbells at home
1. Dumbbell Floor Press
You can use this type of exercise to strengthen the muscles of the triceps. The movement will allow you to work your triceps with heavier dumbbells than the other types of exercises. It can help with effectively working the triceps. As a result of this, it will make the triceps strong.
- To do a dumbbell floor press, you will need to be sitting on the floor in an upright position with legs straight.
- As you do this, you need to make sure that the dumbbells are balanced vertically.
- As you pick up both dumbbells, sit the dumbbells in your hip. Also, as you’re doing this, you should be maintaining a stiff grip.
- You slowly lay back but keep the dumbbells close to the chest. As you’re doing this, bend your knees to 45 degrees and move your feet up slightly.
- As this is occurring, you need to press the dumbbell’s weight to full extension.
- When this happens, your triceps and chest are contracted.
- You lower the dumbbell until elbows touch the ground and press the dumbbells back to the starting position.
- You can do this exercise in any number of repetitions. To finish this exercise, you lower the dumbbells to the floor. You have to do this in a controlled motion. The reason for this is because you don’t want to have excessive force on the shoulders.
- One tip for completing the dumbbell floor press is to make sure you keep tension in your abs as the dumbbells are being lowered up and down.
- Another tip for dumbbell floor press is to use the process of irradiation. Irradiation is the process of squeezing the dumbbells as tight as you can. This helps improve shoulder stability. Dumbbell floor press has many benefits.
One of the main benefits is that the dumbbell floor press helps when you build muscle. This is because it targets the triceps area. You can achieve this by doing 10 repetitions with a heavy dumbbell weight. You can also do repetitions in the 11 to 15 range with the heavy dumbbell weight.
Another benefit of the dumbbell floor press is that the exercise can build the upper body in addition to building the triceps. This is achieved by working out with a heavy dumbbell weight. When the triceps are isolated in this exercise, your strength will go up.
2. Alternating Dumbbell Floor Press
Alternating dumbbell floor presses are a modification of the dumbbell floor presses. This type of exercise is also beneficial for strengthening and growing the triceps. The way you do the alternating dumbbell floor presses is a little similar to how the dumbbell floor press is done.
- When you do the alternating dumbbell floor presses, you lower one of the dumbbells as far as it’s possible; the handle of the dumbbell should be at about level with your chest.
- As you do this, you keep the other dumbbell at the top.
- As this exercise is being done, it’s essential to contract the chest and triceps to push the dumbbells back to the starting position.
Alternating dumbbell floor press has two benefits. The first benefit is that it can reduce the load on the deltoid muscles and triceps muscles. Another benefit is that the alternating floor press is that you can do it at home. Therefore, you won’t need a workout bench for this type of exercise.
The alternating dumbbell floor press is also known as a compound exercise. This is because that it works out your lats and core without putting added pressure on the back. When you do the alternating dumbbell floor press, you can do eight sets of 10 repetitions.
3. Lying Overhead Triceps Extension
The lying overhead triceps extension is another exercise that can be used for working out the triceps using dumbbells at home. The lying triceps extension can help work out the long head of the triceps. You can do it can with either one or two dumbbells. The exercise is a push exercise.
This is because the exercise is known for working out the muscle from the elbow up to the back. One benefit of the lying overhead triceps extension is the lowered strain that it can place on the wrists. It’s possible to make mistakes while performing the lying overhead triceps extension.
- One of the mistakes is that you may be lowering the dumbbell weight towards the face. It would be best if you didn’t do the exercise in this manner.
- Instead, you should have the dumbbell traveling behind your head and make sure that you move the weight over the head.
- Another mistake that can occur when doing the lying overhead triceps extension is moving the dumbbell too quickly.
- The correct way to do the exercise is by performing it slowly. In the lying overhead triceps extension exercise, you can do 8 to 10 repetitions.
4. Dumbbell Triceps Kickback
The dumbbell triceps kickback exercise is designed to build the triceps. The best way to complete the dumbbell triceps kickback exercise is to stand up with knees slightly bent. You need to keep the body forward at 45 degrees. You have to keep your head and eyes forward. This will help with keeping your back straight.
- You have to move the weight of the dumbbells with the triceps. By doing this, it will control the weight as you move the dumbbell to the beginning position.
- In addition to building the triceps, the dumbbell triceps kickback can help with shaping your arms and enhancing your physical strength.
- You can do 8 to 12 repetitions on both sides of your arms. You can also increase the number of repetitions over time. When you do this, you can perform 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
- Once the exercise isn’t easy to do, you’ll need to start using heavier dumbbells to increase the workout difficulty.
5. Triceps Dips
Triceps dips are done by using your body weight. This exercise can help with working the medial heads of the triceps.
- You do the triceps dips by sitting in front of dumbbells. You have to do this on the floor of your home.
- As you sit, you have to extend your legs. Your knees are bent, and your feet are flexed.
- You grip an end of either dumbbell with your palm and have your finger face forward.
- As you do this, you straighten your arms to lift yourself a few inches off the ground.
- To go back down, you bend your elbow to move your bottom on the floor and then move the back of your arms back to the opening position.
6. Triceps Kickback in Plank
Triceps kickback in plank is an exercise that you can do in the plank position.
- To perform the triceps kickback in the plank position, you need to be in a plank position with your shoulders above the wrists.
- Your hands and shoulder should be wide apart from each other. In each hand on the floor, your legs will need to be extended behind you.
- You have to widen your legs slightly, and you have to use the glutes.
- As you do this, you pull your elbow to do a row by raising the dumbbell to your chest.
- You keep the elbow very close to your torso.
- You can do the triceps kickback in plank in two to three sets.
- Finally, you can do them in 10 to 20 repetitions at home.
7. Close Grip Dumbbell Push-Ups
The close grip dumbbell push-ups can help with working out the triceps. It uses your triceps more than any dumbbell press exercise.
- You do the close-grip dumbbell push-ups by placing them under the chest.
- As you place them under the chest, you extend the body to do a push-up.
- As you push up from the group, you need to make sure that your chest touches the dumbbells.
- In the close grip dumbbell push-ups exercises, you can do 10 to 15 repetitions. You can do these repetitions in three sets.
Triceps workout routine at home
Two-day routine to workout triceps with dumbbells at home.
|Dumbbell floor press||3×12|
|Alternating dumbbell floor press||3×12|
|Lying Overhead Triceps Extension||3×10|
|Dumbbell Triceps Kickback||3×10|
|Triceps Kickback in Plank||3×15|
|Close Grip Dumbbell Push-Ups||3×15|
All of the above exercises are some of the best triceps workouts with dumbbells. The dumbbell used in these exercises can improve both the left and rights sides of the triceps.
They’re also a great way to add variety to your triceps workouts. The triceps exercises with dumbbells at home can improve your shoulder stability.
The exercises can decrease the chances of suffering an injury due to improper form and movement. In addition to reducing the chances of injuries, the triceps exercises with dumbbells at home can result in fuller arms. When you perform these exercises, you will develop strong triceps in the process during workouts.